.

.

07 May 2011

My First 'Ordered' Cake

This week saw something new in the Kylie Jayne kitchen...

An actual order for my cooking!
So chuffed that someone would actually pay for me to cook...

So here's the cake!


Just a simple mud cake
but an absolute whoppa!
35cm x 35cm
It would have to be the biggest I have ever cooked!

I used the recipe below but tripled the recipe :)
(lots of chocolate!)
The cake had a chocolate set custard centre & chocolate ganache icing.

Cake
375g Butter
1 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Cups Plain Flour
2/3 Cup Coco Powder
400g Dark Chocolate, melted
¾ Cup milk
4 Eggs


Whack the oven on to 160 degrees, & leave to heat while you whip up the mixture for this delicious treat. Pop the butter & sugar in a bowl & mix with an electric mixer & mix until light & fluffy. Slowly add in eggs, one at a time, then fold through the flour, cocoa & melted chocolate & stir in the milk. Pop the mixture into a lined tine & bake for 1 ¼ hrs or until cooked when tested with a skewer.



I hope that is was enjoyed & that 'Pam' had a very happy 70th birthday!